Today, January 29, 2020, sees Polar adding to its heart rate sensor portfolio with Polar H9.
H9 is Polar’s newest monitor and is geared toward beginners. It takes the essentials from Polar’s H10, and according to the company provides a ‘highly-accurate and reliable Bluetooth monitor at an affordable price. Perfect for regular trainers, casual runners and cyclists who want to start measuring their heart rate and calories.’
With the introduction of Polar H9, the brand’s growing sensor portfolio now includes:
- Polar H10, billed as ‘the most accurate heart rate sensor in Polar’s history and the go-to choice for professionals.’ H10 offers a dual BLE connection, memory storage, accelerometer data and a pro strap with additional electrodes.
- Polar H9, the newest addition to Polar’s family of products, offers ‘high-quality accuracy with entry-level features for beginners and a more accessible price point.’
- Polar OH1+, is an optical heart rate monitor that combines ‘versatility, comfort and simplicity.’
Tom Fowler, President of Polar US, said “Accuracy is not a commodity and it cannot be compromised, but consumers aren’t aware of what a difference it makes.
“What sets Polar apart from everyone else is that nearly 800 whitepapers cite our sensors as the heart rate baseline; national federations, sports scientists, professional athletes and teams are customers of Polar.
‘We don’t flaunt big names in advertising or on our packaging because those athletes and teams aren’t attached to sponsorship dollars; they’re Polar customers. They choose Polar because they know we’re the best – not because we’ve paid them – and that speaks volumes to our products, technology and trusted heart rate heritage.”
H9 features include:
- Multiple connectivity options via Bluetooth, ANT+ and 5kHz
- Connectivity with the free Polar Beat app, which provides real-time heart rate monitoring, lets users set training targets and receive live voice guidance, and provides a post-workout analysis. Users can also access the free Polar Flow app and web service to view long-term progress and go in-depth with data
- Compatibility with a variety of GPS watches as well as smartphone apps including Nike Run Club, MapMyFitness, Runkeeper, Zwift, TrainerRoad and The Sufferfest
- Connectivity for clubs and club members utilizing 5kHz and ANT+ gym equipment
- Extended battery life, up to one year when training one hour per day
- SDK compatibility, making H9 an easy-to-use solution for SDK and B2B partners
Polar H9 is available today at polar.com for US$59.95 in black, sizes XS-S and M-XXL.