Nutrition and hydration specialist Precision Hydration (PH) is seeking a Front End Developer to help support the company’s growth by ‘improving the end-to-end online experience for athletes, including optimising the unique suite of Sweat Testing software.’
Dorset, UK-based PH serviced sales in 50+ countries in 2019 and recently expanded its small team to 9 full-time employees supported by a small group of part-time team members and freelancers.
The company currently works with a trusted freelance developer who maintains its back-end architecture and who has made various customisations to its Shopify-based website over the years. PH now needs an experienced developer to get on board to take the lead on optimising every aspect of the online user experience.
PH, which is the Official Hydration Partner of the Team Sunweb cycling team, has an experienced management team. Company founder Andy Blow is a specialist in hydration science who has set up a number of businesses in the sports industry (including the Porsche Human Performance Center at Silverstone) and who was previously an elite triathlete. Managing Director Jonny Tye is an engineer by training and won 2 Silver medals at the Canoeing World Championships.
Front End Developer job requirements
- A strong knowledge of Shopify’s platform and at least one year working on Shopify theme development and customisation
- A keen eye for web design and an attention to detail
- A strong understanding of responsive web design techniques and experience implementing them
- Superb troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Ability to thoroughly QA work before submitting for testing / shipping
- Highly self-directed and task oriented, with a ‘get-shit-done’ attitude
- An ability to work on multiple projects and tasks at the same time
- Excellent written/spoken English
- Passion for building a company
Direct experience with any of the following Shopify features or third-party apps and services will be a plus:
- Customized checkout experiences
- Implementing SEO best practices on Shopify sites
- Integrating third party subscription apps (Recharge, Chargify etc)
- Shopify Scripts
- Shopify JS APIs (storefront, AJAX Cart, Sections etc)
- Setting up Shopify Plus Expansion Stores (for optimal multi-currency UX)
- Klaviyo (or other ESPs like MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, etc)
- Shopify Certification (preferred)
Other nice-to-haves include:
- Direct experience with developing mobile apps (ideally iOS)
- A thorough understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Working with version control systems such as GIT
- Experience of Google Analytics and Excel and being fairly decent with numbers is desirable
- Being a keen athlete would also be ideal (to understand the audience) but is not mandatory. The company adds that it will be flexible, allocating have time to train and compete around workload
- Salary: £TBC depending on experience
- Travel opportunities and ‘money can’t buy’ sporting experiences
- All the electrolyte drinks and team merch you’ll ever need!
Ideally Christchurch, Dorset, but remote working with regular trips to the HQ in Dorset would be considered for the right candidate. To apply, candidates should send a CV and a few lines on why they think they’d be an awesome addition to Team PH. Applications should be sent to Marketing Director Dave at dc[at]precisionhydration.com. Example links to sites, apps and other projects worked on should also be included.